horrible lag for a week

England Post only in English please! - NO ban Appeal!

Moderators: Elfe1090, BigIceman1982

capitansolo
OberGefreiter
OberGefreiter
horrible lag for a week

Post by capitansolo »

AS u know, i play in wbks all the time, servers 2 and 5 but since the last Saturday im getting a lot of lag, horrible lag that got instant deads and need a full magazine to get kill assistant...
My provider ISP is the same, my pc is the same, so i have to ask if servers have been change configuration....strange but get this lag after last update origin...
McDoglessz
Gefreiter
Gefreiter

Re: horrible lag for a week

Post by McDoglessz »

Just trying to help, there is no lag from Romania. So I think it's not the server itself, it must be somewhere between the server and you.

Regards,
McDoglessz
capitansolo
OberGefreiter
OberGefreiter

Post by capitansolo »

Well, im not alone and its not my feeling... a lot of people are having those problems, ....

Code: Select all

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/forum/threadview/2979150494264962804/last/post_2979150494265069812
Clint_Eastvvood

Post by Clint_Eastvvood »

I hope i can somehow give you a clue to that - since i'm experiencing micro sttuttering, micro lags and huge ping spike - that lasts no longer than 5 ms but they are pain in the arse.

when ingame get into OPTIONS => choose 2nd to the left => choose advanced settings and scroll down to the bottom => check SHOW NET/CONNECTION STATISTICS : this should show you, in lower right corner your internet / server stats for connection. Importnant factors there are:
1) latency = shows you real latency - /avg/min/max/ - to the server not the battlelog ping (+20 miliseconds to battlelog one)
2) LatVrtn - not sure what this stands for
3) Packet loss - most importnant of those . When you get a packet los the server and client have to exchange data again untill they agree then it can be pushed on and on untill next hickup is experienced by one of the machines. What's more difficult to explain is that the server makes some kind of peer-to-peer exchange of data between the game clients. Like you kill a guy, and the hitmark is registered on the server and sent back to you and to him. you gain a kill, he gets communicate by whom he has been killed. That's easy to say you might think, but ... if there's 64 players, hundreds of hitmarks on the same time, you being shot by 3 people same time, and you killed 3 guys with nade, and shot one and for the best being killed by someone else now .... figure it yourself . I've been experiencing this for two weeks now and cannot manage how to get rrid of it. Not a problem on 32 slot servers, but when people joins and the server fills up i get kicked for ping ... like i see under TAB i get ping 70 ms, but the right corner counter says it's 2500 ms at the moment :P

Check that stats and see what can help ..... mayby we can figure out some fix on it together :)

Regards,
Clint.

Return to “Ask us, we will try to answer!”