You can help too - (Howto) report abusive players

England Post only in English please! - NO ban Appeal!

Moderators: Elfe1090, BigIceman1982

McDoglessz
Gefreiter
Gefreiter

You can help too - (Howto) report abusive players

Post by McDoglessz »

Hi,

First of all - I AM NOT AN ADMIN.

But I try to help them by reporting players who repeatedly abuses the chat, harasses or insults other players, especially by posting racist or religious messages involving hate.

This is only a game, it has nothing to do with the real world, and the majority of the players comes here to have fun - not to get insulted from a couple of players who simply can't control themselves.

If you are with me on this, please help the admins by reporting the players who abuses the chat.

Couple of advice on how to do this:

1. Do not report someone on the first occasion. Maybe he won't come back and we can spare involving the admins. Keep on eye on him, and if you see that he continues his abusive behavior, than you can report him.

2. NEVER get involved, do not make this something personal, even if he insults you. You are just reporting the player, the decision regarding a possible disciplinary action is always will be made by an admin.

3. Stick to the facts. This is important. The best practice would be to record the chat and quote the abusive messages in your post. This is only to help the admins, they have the logs on the server, and they will verify it anyway. Screenshots are OK, too. If you can't record the game, then give the exact time of the incident and ask the admins to search for the player messages in the log.

4. RESPECT THE OTHER PLAYERS AND HAVE FUN! Just like the admins can verify the abusive players messages, they will see your messages, too. Do not abuse the chat under any circumstances. You need to be clear on this, otherwise you won't have credit, and the admins will think that your report is something personal. Try to use the chat for what it meant to be used: for tactical information, and to thank for the revives or ammunition. You can send congratulation messages to your opponents for a nice shot, too. There is nothing wrong with this - remember this is only a game, next time that player could be in your squad helping you with revives or ammunition. Believe me - you get what you deserve. If you say THANKS after a successful revive (by pressing Q) you WILL GET A LOT OF 100% REVIVES from your teammates. (Thanks guys!)

Thank you for reading this, and if you see my name (McDoglessz) on the players list, that means that the game (including the chat) is getting recorded and I am keeping my eyes on the chat. (At least one of them, the other one looking for targets :) )

Regards,
McDoglessz

(To the admins: maybe we should have this post somewhere visible to the new players. Thanks.)

Return to “Ask us, we will try to answer!”