What is happening with pb?

England Post only in English please! - NO ban Appeal!

Moderators: Elfe1090, BigIceman1982

angryagainstPB
What is happening with pb?

Post by angryagainstPB »

Hello admins.

Between 20 December until now, i lost around 7 friends that got banned by punkbuster.
Cant believe that all of them are cheating because i usually play with them and didnt see any rare, like this friend with 1928h, 1.02kd, 285spm and 8% accuracy.
To be banned from PB is now a lottery.

Im here because you are admins and we play at your rush servers and perphaps you know more information about this "wave of unfairly bans".
Wbks admins are great because you look into stats, you look into gameplay, check the web looking for info and other stuff that i dont know and finally ban a player if needed but, pb I was greatly disappointed.

Happy 2019 :/
Skaven
OberstLeutnant
OberstLeutnant
Re: What is happening with pb?

Post by Skaven »

If there are bans from Punkbuster, unfortunately we can not do anything there. Your friends need to contact Punkbuster directly for an explanation.
If there are bans that have been pronounced by us, you should give in this post once their game name and the game (BF3 orBF4). We'll take a look at that.
Otherwise, update PB once! Often PB locks the login if it is not up to date. (I've also had a few times :) )
Goodfood2k16
OberLeutnant
OberLeutnant

Post by Goodfood2k16 »

Hi,

I am a lot in contact with other administrators and people envolvig anti cheat. We have watched the latest violationvcodes and we saw bans over even seederbots from servers... It seems like Punkbuster officially lost it with the new violations. For your friends this is sad as Even Balance doesn't lissen to appeals. However it depends on violation how trusteble they are. (violations before 2018 are often strustable).

All you can do is be sure to update your pb, keep an eye no the logs and make sure no program blocks it.

Greetings,
GoodFood
Moderator from BF4FB.
angryagainstPB

Post by angryagainstPB »

Skaven: I know you cant do anything about related bans from PB but, as an admins, i think you know about updates, news from PB, unreasonable bans, etc

As i said, if only one friend were banned, is reasonable but loosing 7 on a week is very very rarely. I made a group on battlelog from share information. They dont get any code, just a text saying that are banning. Research GGC streams for seeing more information and we didnt see any capture photograph

Goodfood2k16 : Are you telling me theirs pc were hijackied for doing DDOS?
Can you please looking for one friend only? im very very sure he isnt a cheater but i dont want to share their info in public.

Im very worried about this because if they arent guilty and pb continue with that wave, perpahps someday I will be in the same problem.
Goodfood2k16
OberLeutnant
OberLeutnant

Post by Goodfood2k16 »

No. I say that i highly doubt pb is working correctly nowadays. The newest violation code 74004 has also banned accounts used to populate servers. I think pbs new violations are broken.
Moderator from BF4FB.
Gambito
StabsGefreiter
StabsGefreiter

Post by Gambito »

I have the same problem.
IF PB doesnt work fine, what should we do? Do not play for fear of being banned? because after banned i doubt i recover my account...

EDIT: i entered wbks discord channel and found some info from you about punkbuster bans:

Code: Select all

check your pb logs every once in a while to see if it gets weird errors or violations. 
How to get a log from punkbuster? what kind of error i have to look?
Skaven
OberstLeutnant
OberstLeutnant

Post by Skaven »

we will check it. If we have experienced what kind of error PB have, we will contact you
Gambito
StabsGefreiter
StabsGefreiter

Post by Gambito »

Thanks Skaven and Thanks goodfood :)
angryagainstPB

Post by angryagainstPB »

Skaven wrote: Friday 4. January 2019, 21:02 we will check it. If we have experienced what kind of error PB have, we will contact you
Found a interesting thread...
Punkbuster still continue with his great job banning lot of people and i lost my nerves this weekend seeing that happened to me.

Can you admins disable the program until it works well again?
Where can we contact someone who really cares about what is happening? because writting to PB is just copypaste. I got the same replies as my friend received.
I have no idea what to do because I'm just a player but, there is a way for all administrators to talk to each other about the problem and they can do something? or do a public poll and send it to EA? anything that defends the legal players of this fraud of anticheat
Goodfood2k16
OberLeutnant
OberLeutnant

Post by Goodfood2k16 »

Hi,
angryagainstPB wrote: Monday 7. January 2019, 09:46 Can you admins disable the program until it works well again?
No, we can't, Punkbuster is intergrated in all ranked battlefield BF2, 3 and 4 servers. We have no access to it.

angryagainstPB wrote: Monday 7. January 2019, 09:46 have no idea what to do because I'm just a player but, there is a way for all administrators to talk to each other about the problem and they can do something? or do a public poll and send it to EA? anything that defends the legal players of this fraud of anticheat
Several people are talking to EA about this, but at the moment EA cares as much as Even Balance does. EA lost it's attention to this game, as seen in when it got updated for the last time.

I am sorry,

Greetings,
GoodFood
Moderator from BF4FB.

Return to “Ask us, we will try to answer!”