OTT language censor

England Post only in English please! - NO ban Appeal!

Moderators: Elfe1090, BigIceman1982

jamesfle

OTT language censor

Post by jamesfle »

Why is the language censor so over the top? Ive been warned for dumb reasons, not even swearing. Someone said, "Goooo" and got kicked. I said, "Such idiots" to two guys killing the friendly helicopter constantly with C4. Ive seen many other circumstances of similar pointless warnings, kills and kicks. Come on guys, i get racial and sexual slurs, but "stupid", "idiot", etc? WHY? Then actual swears... who cares, its an 18+ game for a reason ffs. Also, i get, "Its our server, we can do what we want"... but guys, its too far. The clan TBG run a perfect one, which is literally racial or sexual slurs, your banned, no unban. Everything else is, "Keep swearing to a minimum, Admin is always right". Why cant you do it like that?
Elfe1090
GeneralLeutnant
GeneralLeutnant

Re: OTT language censor

Post by Elfe1090 »

now for "Gooo" no one will be kicked by our tool and no admin. We like to check that when we find out which player this should have been.
Why is an adult unable to avoid insults of any kind? Is it that hard?
it's great when other clans do it differently. maybe we are thinking about changing something. maybe in the future you might think about using our serverchat without insults :)
Admin und Trial-Betreuung

Facebook
Discord
TS.WBKS-Clan.de
jamesfle

Post by jamesfle »

Oh i know, "Dont swear", but sometimes myself and many others just type minor irritations. Like, "Fucks sake. PUSH UP. Capture some flags!" or saying to someone else in apology for crashing the helicopter killing them, "Oh shit. Im so sorry, im an idiot". I just blurt it out sometimes without thinking what im typing. Hate being told off for it lol. I get that you dont want major swear wars back and forth, neither racial or sexual slurs, thats easily understandable though, dont get me wrong. Thanks for looking into it, seeing that "Goooo" kick just made me bring it up here to your attention.

Ive seen even worse censors though, that dont even allow, "Silly", "Noob", "Cheat", "Hacker", etc. Just going too far... i dont know about you, but i find it funny to be called a cheat. I dont want people punished for it lol. :lol:
Elfe1090
GeneralLeutnant
GeneralLeutnant

Post by Elfe1090 »

I don't think hacker and so on are in our list. xD

It is clear to me that our tool does not run perfectly, we work on it every now and then :D really.
It is a lot of work to change "little things" in it.
I can´t promise that "idiot" will disappear from the list, but we will talk about it in the next meeting :)
Admin und Trial-Betreuung

Facebook
Discord
TS.WBKS-Clan.de
LGND_UK

Post by LGND_UK »

Trust me the WBKS auto language thing whilst annoying from a personal stand point it's better than many.

Personally I don't think language enforcers should exist, the game is sold as featuring mature content after all. And let's face it you should be able to voice opinion on how other behave in game considering the large volume of cheaters.

Return to “Ask us, we will try to answer!”